How to Acquire a Rwanda Gorilla Permit
When planning to go gorilla tracking in the Volcanoes national park Rwanda, its very necessary for you to first book your gorilla pass ahead of your actual tracking date as they often get finished quickly.
Below are TOW OPTION – guide on how you can successfully get your gorilla permit to watch the Rwanda gorillas in their natural habitant.
The Rwanda Development Board (RDB) – This is the governing body of tourism in Rwanda. You can get in torch with them through email or calling their offices. Email:email: email@example.com Phone: +252 57 65 14
Price of a Rwanda Gorilla Permit
– $1500 – Non Residents, East African Residents, East African Citizens, Rwandan Residents, Rwandan Citizens
– 30% Discount (US$ 1,050) on gorilla permits if visiting other Rwanda national parks (Akagera national park, Nyungwe national park) for 3 days and more during the low season of November – May
– 15% discount (US$ 1,275) on conference guests who stay pre & post MICE events to see gorillas
– $15,000 for Private gorilla trekking of an entire group with an exclusive personalized tour guide service
– US$ 30,000 for a minimum of 3 visitors for 3 consecutive days (Behind the scenes)
Booking through a travel agency – Booking through tour operator in Rwanda is a reliable option of obtaining a gorilla permit. We have listed liable tour operators in rwanda feel free to check them out.
Note: Its highly advisable to book your permit earlier than your planned gorilla trekking date as permits tend to get finished early. Volcanoes national park is home to 10 mountain gorilla groups and each group can only have 1 group of 8 people visiting a day for only 1 hour. Today Rwanda is receiving so many visitors coming to tour gorillas. Its best to book early to guarantee your gorilla permits for the day interested to trek gorillas.
The Rwanda Development Board (RDB) shall refund 50% of the gorilla tracking fee for any visitor showing signs of illness. Any sick visitor shall not be allowed to track the gorillas if declared unfit by the Warden in Charge. The only applies to visitors who have travelled all the way to the park.
Tracking Time Limit
Assembling for briefing from one of the park rangers at the Kinigi park headquarters starts is limited to 7:00 – 7:30 at latest. Gorilla tracking time is limited from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. All visitors are expected back at the camp ground by 7:00 p.m.
Visitor’s Passport Information
After full confirmation of the booking, passport details of the trackers will be require at the UWA to enable writing out the gorilla permits. Please ensure the full names, passport number and country of passport issuance are sent.
Please note: You must be over 15 years of age to obtain a gorilla viewing permit.